Monday, August 4, 2008

Camp 2008

Last week I went to Camp and I had a great time. I stayed on the far side of the lake in cabin #13. My cabin leaders were Patricia and Joanna. I went with 11 of my friends but I knew a lot more of the kids who were there as well.

The first night I was there we played "Board Game Frenzy." This is where we dressed up and played giant board games. There were giant versions of Yahtzee, Operation, Scrabble, Jenga and many others.

After that we got to have a little free time.

The second day was awesome! That night was "Summer Olympics Night". We wore red, white and blue and one of my friends dressed as a tennis player. The events were dodge ball and human farkle (human rock, paper, sissors).

That night we had "encounter" where we learned about creation.

The next day, as we went to breakfast, we were all excited to play "Night Strike". That is a game, played in the dark, where we try to rescue one of our teammates from jail. It is a blast! It was really dark though and I hurt my knee while I was jogging. Our team got 5th place.

On Thursday we did an activity called "Rock Band". Our group dressed up as the Jonas Brothers and their stage crew. We got 3rd place out of 6 teams.

We also did crafts that day and I made a necklace and bracelet.

Friday was "Fiesta Day" and we placed 2nd (our best finish of the week). We had some free time and I went on the blob (a giant water ball) and tried the water slide with my cabin leader, Patricia.

Saturday was our final day at camp. We added up all the points and the Hungry Hippos won the week. My team was called "Amigos" and we got 5th place. My team just wanted to have fun, and we did!

I can't wait to go back next year!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

CeCe,

I am visiting your blog via your mom's. I am so glad you are having fun at camp. Happy Birthday early!

Nicole

Joyful said...

Glad you had such an amazing time at camp. I love reading about your camp experiences, because I never went to camp as a child. It's fun reading about your adventures!

Have a wonderful b'day. I know your Mom mentioned that one of her daughter's shared the same date as I do...is it you? My b'day is Aug 14th. Have fun celebrating!!!

Love,
Joy

Leaon Mary said...

Hey girls!
Ya'll had such a great time!
I didn't get to go to camp when I was young either, so hearing about it from your perspective is neat.
Your picture is awesome!
I'm really happy you girls are following God and learning cool new things.
Keep walkin in FAITH!!
Lea
<()))><

Lelia Chealey said...

Hey Cece,
I was wondering if I could go with you next year? I want my days to be described as "awesome" too!! :)
It sounds like you had a great God-filled week!

I think your next post should be about the AWESOME visit you had from a "certain someone" who applauded when you did cartwheels on July 21, 2008! Just an idea...

Alivia misses you & Sophie and can hardly wait until we come visit again!

Love ya,
Lelia

Be good!!